Monday, July 27, 2015

Lolitas I Have Met in Real Life (Lolita 52 Challenge)

When it comes to meeting Lolitas in real life, I'm honestly not very successful at it. I'm not one to go to all the meetups (partially due to my introvert nature, but moreso based on the fact that I live a good 7 hours away. So most of the Lolitas I've met in real life have been the few girls that attended the two or three meetups I've made it to, or were involved in the various Lolita 101 panels I've done over the years. But I'm not very close with many of them, in spite of moderating a Lolita community together or working on panels together. That is, of course, with two main exceptions, and two secondary.

First and foremost: my main two "Lolita" friends. There is, of course, my lovely ouji-wearing "Lolita Goddaughter", sheep-prince. Sheepie and I talk about coordinate ideas and new acquisitions quite often, and we love to show off to one another every once in a while. Second, there's my girlfriend, V-dear, who shares me adoration of all things frilly and spooky. There's something indescribably nice about dating someone who likes Lolita fashion. And while V-dear doesn't wear Lolita as often as I do, she still admires the style and loves it when I wear it out on dates.

Then, there are my secondary Lolita friends--or friends who wear Lolita only occasionally, despite enjoying the style. This includes my friends Joye, an occasional Classic Lolita with a love for solid-color pieces with fun cuts, and Jamie, whose taste is so varied I can't even keep up most of the time! Jamie was actually the first person to turn me onto Gothic Lolita fashion a few years ago--and, thus, I feel completely justified in blaming her for all of my misery.

Because I don't know many Lolitas in real life, this was a rather difficult post to try and pull together without sounding too redundant. But I'd love to hear about other peoples' experiences! Do you have friends who wear Lolita with you? Have you met one of your Lolita idols in person before? I'd love to hear all about it in the comment section below! Until next week--may you find your dream dress, and may there be an abundance of cute bags in upcoming summer Lolita brand sales!

The post above was a response to the Lolita 52 Week Challenge made by the ever so delightful Caro over at FYeahLolita.

No comments:

Post a Comment