Friday, April 10, 2015

Make One Expensive Coord and One Inexpensive Coord From Your Wardrobe! (Lolita Blog Carnival)

So the prompt for this week's Lolita Blog Carnival was to make two coordinates from your wardrobe--one expensive coordinate, and the other inexpensive. I'm a firm believer in "Budget Lolita"--that offbrand options are a great investment in a wardrobe, and they're a perfectly acceptable alternative to brand name clothing. So quite a bit of my wardrobe is made up of "offbrand" options. But that doesn't mean I don't splurge every once in a while and get an expensive piece!

So here we have my "budget" coordinate!




~Rundown~

JSK: Bodyline - $35 (on sale, used yen trick)
Cutsew: Torrid(?) - $10 (secondhand)
Shoes: Bodyline - $8 (used yen trick)
Tights: Torrid - $5 (on sale)
Headbow: Heart.E - Free! (received as gift in trade)
Purse: Dysfunctional Doll - $30

Approximate total cost (before shipping): $88

And now for the coordinate worth ALL the money!





~Rundown~

JSK: Baby the Stars Shine Bright - $150 (secondhand)
Blouse: Dear Celine - $70
Tights: Torrid - $5
Headbow: Alice and the Pirates - $40
Bag: Baby the Stars Shine Bright - $100 (secondhand)
Parasol: Alice and the Pirates - $40
Shoes: Vivienne Westwood - $600 (secondhand)

Approximate total cost (before shipping): $1005

I had a lot of fun with this prompt! And it also made me realize that the most expensive items in my wardrobe are almost all shoes... I think I have a thing for shoes. (I can't help it! They're so pretty!) If you liked seeing what I came up with for a coordinate from my closet, check out the posts from the other Lolita Blog Carnival members down below. Still frilly, my friends!

Other LBC Entries this week:
ϿѺϾ Divine Cross ϿѺϾ
ϿѺϾ Oh Velveteena ϿѺϾ
ϿѺϾ Sweet Expedition ϿѺϾ
ϿѺϾ Courtly Dreams for Burgher ϿѺϾ
ϿѺϾ Vanilla Bear ϿѺϾ
ϿѺϾ Art du Noir ϿѺϾ
ϿѺϾ The Bloody Tea Party ϿѺϾ
ϿѺϾ Hello Batty ϿѺϾ

1 comment:

  1. You made really beautiful coordinates! I'm also a big believer of budget lolita and I own that same Bodyline dress, the print is awesome ^^ Brand items are good to spice up the closet but about 80% of my wardrobe is indie or offbrand.

    ReplyDelete