Thursday, February 12, 2015

The Item in my Wardrobe that was Hardest to Get (52 Lolita Challenge)

This post is a little complicated, because I feel like I have different items that were hard to get for different reasons. So I picked my top three "hardest" items, pictured below, with little blurbs about why all of them were a pain in my rear to track down.

Item 1: Metamorphose Temps de Fille's Moonlight Night Skirt



This print was one of my original dream items. I saw it not too long after I got into wearing Lolita myself. I fell in love. Moonlight Night was the brand-released Iron-Gate-ripoff-mixed-with-Misty-Sky print that I could actually fit into! Then I discovered something a little disheartening: I would only fit into the lucky pack version of the skirt, and the print was already rare enough as it was. People were finding lucky pack skirts of it in their dark Meta lucky packs my first lucky pack season, so I thought that I could pick it up then...

Of course, everyone else liked the print, too, and it never really came up for sale. So in the end, I gave up my hopes on my first dream item, and let it pass into my "well, if it pops up..." list.

Two years later, it showed up out of the blue on LaceMarket, and became mine. And once I had it in my hands, that love for the print came right back. It was well worth the wait!

Item 2: Metamorphose Temps de Fille's Raschel Lace Shirring JSK in blue



When this item came out from Metamorphose, I was between paychecks. I needed to wait until I got my next check for me to get it; I was so excited, because I had been waiting for a brand to come out with a royal-blue shirred JSK, because I wanted to a. extend the amount of brand in my closet, and b. add some color to my monochromatic wardrobe. Of course, by the time I actually got my paycheck into my account, the dress had sold out. Apparently, others had liked the faux Moitie blue as much as I had.

I was determined to have this dress, though, and put out a WTB on Tumblr not long after. I hoped that someone had decided the color wasn't right for them, or wanted to sell it to get a different dress... Anything, so long as I could have that piece of blue perfection in my hands. Two angels in the form of Tumblr users laceratedreality and manda-the-stars-shine-bright pointed me in the direction of the dress when it popped up on Alice Fururun. All in all, it took me about six months to track down, and it was everything I could have dreamt it was.

Item 3: Bodyline's L379 JSK in black



This item was more of a frustration than anything else. Because, seriously, it's a Bodyline JSK. It should not be this hard to track down! But because I needed the 4L, it evaded me for over a year. It was one of those items that I wanted as a wardrobe filler--as a fallback black JSK. In the end, Bodyline never restocked it in my size, and a girl in my Comm sold it to me--thankfully at a fair price. The detailing on the piece is nice, and it's well made; but I don't think it would really be worth the effort I put into it, if I could go back and do it over again. I'd rather have just picked it up when it showed up, rather than posting WTBs and so on... That being said, it's mine, now, and it won't escape my clutches.

The post above was a response to the Lolita 52 Week Challenge made by the ever so delightful Caro over at FYeahLolita.

No comments:

Post a Comment