Monday, August 24, 2015

Fondest Meetup Memory (52 Lolita Challenge)

When it comes to Meetup Memories, I honestly don't know if I'm truly qualified to choose whether or not I have a "favorite" one. Simply put? I don't have many to choose from. As of this moment, I've only ever been to three meetups (technically two, though one was broken up into two separate meets on the same day). So I don't think I have enough experience to pick a "favorite".

But I'll try to, anyways, because that's the prompt, and I have to have something that makes me nostalgic for when I lived less than seven hours from any meetup... Right?

Right.

And the first thing that came to mind was my first meet-up, which--while very few people actually showed up despite RSVP-ing and voting on the location--was probably one of my favorite meets. For one, it let me ease into the idea of a local Lolita community. I was quite used to being a Lone Lolita with a couple online friends (and even quite content being so). But meeting up with people in real life with the same interests? It was a little daunting.

But I did know one of the attendees, and it's actually not so much the meetup itself as seeing her that was a lovely memory that I chose for this. The first meet required my poor friend sheep-prince ("Sheepie") to drive hours, and they were going to simply crash at my place that night. And... well, honestly, that was probably the funnest part for me.


The ever-lovely Sheepie (picture from her tumblr)

I really only get to see Sheepie during cons; so seeing them for a meetup was nice, even if the visit was short! I'd love to be able to see them more often, so hopefully meetups that fit both of our schedules (or more cons) are in our future!

Personally, I tend to prefer meets that are very small... And I tend to prefer just going somewhere with friends who just happen to wear Lolita, rather than traditional meets. Both are fun, of course, but I think I enjoy sharing things I love with people I care about more than expanding my social circle. the curse of being an introvert, I suppose!

I think my ultimate dream meet up would be going to a concert or play with a few Lolita friends; Sheepie included! What about you? What's been your favorite meetup memory? And do you think it's prompted a dream meet-up at all? I'd love to hear about it in the comment section down below!

The post above was a response to the Lolita 52 Week Challenge made by the ever so delightful Caro over at FYeahLolita.

No comments:

Post a Comment