Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Why do I Wear Lolita? (Lolita 52 Challenge)

I feel like most Lolitas have a very simple answer to this question, and it's usually somewhere along the lines of "because I want to". Which, in and of itself, is a fine answer! Who really needs a reason to dress up in clothes they like, other than because they like them?

But when I ask myself why I wear Lolita, I find it to be a difficult question, because I instantly let my mind flock to what drew me to Lolita in the first place. Why was it Lolita, in particular, that caught my fancy? Especially since I spent a majority of my middle and high school years in a perpetual state of tomboyish refusal to wear skirts.

And I always come back to the same answer: I just like it. The style is something I enjoy, and have always found adorable. It's a style I enjoyed from the sidelines for a long time, and finally managed to join when I built up enough money and courage to try it for myself.

This week's post is insanely short, incredibly boring, and honestly quite boring--but I feel like I'd be a little redundant since I've spoken about this topic before. (I also happen to be starting a new job as an editor this week, so it's been insanely busy--but I already enjoy my job very much!)

What about you? Why do you wear Lolita? Is it the style itself? Or the confidence boost you get when wearing it? I'd love to hear your stories in the comments below. Until next week!

The post above was a response to the Lolita 52 Week Challenge made by the ever so delightful Caro over at FYeahLolita.

No comments:

Post a Comment